Poems of Ana Enriqueta Teran


 

 

The greatest fog surrounds my head

since I put on you all my thoughts


Sonet


The greatest fog surrounds my head

since I put on you all my thoughts

lover of the blue knowledge

and from the flower of love and lightness


. I have jumped your wall and your hardness

 and the deep grooves of the sorrows;

 to learn the view of the faith of that moment,

 how much passion and how much kindness around?


 What blind thought challenges,

my light that in love would’ve been your light,

my field that in love belongs to you?


 Oh! of the fire that you lose on the road.

Oh! of that crying in agony.

 Oh! of the dark blood that always seams.




IV


In here, where your absence challenges

the scented pulses of your absence.

In here, where your presence bends

the memory that groans night and day.


 In here, where your absence is less mine,

the yellow denies your existence.

The earth beat by your vain science;

In here, where my joy agonizes.


 With this fire hurts me your fire,

In here made of sea and night always lifted

 and of innocent stars arrested.


In here, where you lost your calm;

where your light denies your swords:

In here, sweet lover of my goodness lost.


Translation: Kerlin Morales and Greisa Velásquez

 

Ana Enriqueta Teran Madrid

She was a Venezuelan poet and diplomat. She was born in Valera, Edo. Trujillo (Venezuela), on May 4, 1918. In 1931 she meets Andrés Eloy Blanco, who read her first verses. In 1945 she publishes her first book. In 1955, she married José María Beotegui, an engineer born in Spain. In 1989 she was awarded the National Prize for Literature. She dies in Valencia, on December 18, 2017, at the age of 99. The main influences of her are considered the Spanish classics, such as Góngora and Garcilaso de la Vega, and the French poetry of Rimbaud and Baudelaire.
 

Books:
North of blood (1946).
Earthly presence (1949).
Secret Greenery (1949).
From forest to forest (1970).
The Book of Trades (1975).
Book of Jajó (1980-1987).
Music with the foot of a psalm (1985).
House of speeches (1991).
Alabasters (1992).
Poetic anthology (2005).
Constructions on bases of fog (2006).
Speaking Stone (2014).

Comentarios

Entradas más populares de este blog

The letter I

One Family issue